Cranberry & Cream Cheese Dip

Last year I was at a holiday party at my mother's in-law and my sister-in-law Penny made this amazing dip. I noticed all my sisters-in-law have been huddling around the red stuff so I end up trying to scoop it up before it was gone.  I ate it intently, to figure out what all of the ingredients were and quickly understood why it was the belle of the ball.  It was sweet, yet spicy, tart and flavorful.  I decided to google popular recipes and try to make one to my liking.  This is the perfect appetizer for any occasion and I promise it will have everyone standing around the bowl scraping up the last bite.






Fresh cranberries are only in stores for a short window during the holiday season,
 so I am happy to finally find a way to make a delicious dip out of them.

Here are the main items you will need to purchase:


Ingredients:
12 oz bag fresh cranberries, washed
1 jalapeno, minced
1/2 cup sliced green onions, roughly chopped
1/4 cup chopped cilantro, roughly chopped
1/2 tablespoon lime juice
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup sugar
2 8oz packages cream cheese, at room temperature
1 box of Wheat Thins and Ritz crackers

Instructions:
In a food processor chop up cranberries first.


Place the cranberries in a mixing bowl and add half a cup of sugar, mix it well. 


Next, chop up green onions, cilantro, and jalapeƱo into small pieces. Add lime juice and kosher salt.


Mix everything together let it chill for at least a couple of hours to let the berries macerate in the sugar.


Spread out some cream cheese on a plate or dish. It turned out a little sloppy, lol.


Spread the cranberries right over the top.


Serve it with crackers for dipping.  My favorites are Wheat Thins and Ritz crackers. They both taste amazing with the dip. 





Comments